Giving Tuesday: A Different Way to Give
November 30, 2020
Even in a year as unexpected and uncertain as 2020, our supporters have continued to show up when we’ve needed you most. So this Giving Tuesday we’re not asking for you to lend us hand with a financial contribution (although, of course, we always welcome donations to make conservation happen!), but we’re asking you to do one simple thing: SHARE!
Help us spread awareness about the Amazon Rainforest by sharing one post – any post – from our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn pages and tell your friends and family why it matters to you.
Here are some ideas, but feel free to choose something else and make it your own!
- Love cats? So do we – Share our post on International Jaguar Day to show how important big cats are for the rainforest;
- Enjoy spending time in nature or hiking trails? – Celebrate the creation of our new conservation area in Peru, which is helping protect nature for the long haul;
- Are science and tech your thing? Ours too – Share one of the latest discoveries of our MAAP program, like our finding that 25% of Bolivia fires burned in protected areas, or the enormous potential of very high resolution satellite imagery (<70 cm) to identify illegal logging in real time, when preventive action is still possible.
- Enjoy birdwatching? Wayqecha Conservation Hub is home to over 390 species of birds. Help us celebrate this protected area’s recent birthday by sharing this photo of a beautiful Sparkling Violetear (Colibri coruscans) taken at Wayqecha.
- Don’t forget to use #ThrivingAmazon to show how beautiful a healthy Amazon is!