Two New Field Guides For The Field Museum of Natural History
December 22, 2006
ACA is working with the Field Museum to produce two new field guides in 2007: hummingbirds and terrestrial mammals. Both field guides will depict species surveyed in the Madre de Dios Watershed, including species specifically for our Los Amigos Biological Station and our Wayqecha Cloud Forest Research Station.
There are many field guides produced at Los Amigos that are already available at the Field Museum website (www. fieldmuseum.org). These include:
- Mamíferos (Mammals) del S.E. Perú by author Renata Leite Pitman.
- Reptiles del Centro Río Los Amigos, Manu y Tambopata by authors: von May, Emmons, Knell, Jacobs & Rodríguez.
- Arboles y Arbustos del Centro Río Amigos by authors Foster, Betz & Beltrán.
- Herbs of Centro Río Amigos by aurthors Foster, Betz & Beltrán.
- Palmas of Centro Río Amigos by authors Foster, Betz & Beltrán.
- Trepadores y Epifitas of Centro Río Amigos by authors Foster, Betz & Beltrán.
Make sure you read our Cicra Letter to learn about other research projects being conducted at our Los Amigos Research Station.