World Bank Group Community Connections Campaign Kicks Off its 2023 Season
November 1, 2023
With the World Bank Group Community Connections Campaign (CCC) launching today, Amazon Conservation invites you to join us in the fight against nature crimes and deforestation that continue to endanger the future of the rainforest by contributing to our conservation efforts by December 15.
All of us at Amazon Conservation want to thank you for all of your support through the CCC that has helped us continue to scale our work to new places including Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, and Venezuela, in addition to expanding our ongoing work in Peru and Bolivia. Learn more about what we were able to accomplish in 2022 thanks to supporters like you in our 2022 Impact Report.
Every gift, no matter how big or small, will make a real difference in protecting the Amazon for the wildlife and people who call it home. This year, the World Bank Group will match every dollar you contribute through the CCC, effectively doubling your impact!
What impact can your contribution have on the Amazon?
- $1,000 provides real-time high-resolution satellite images that expose deforestation in the Amazon, which are the base information that governments need to take action.
- $500 trains one local community member in the use of drones to monitor up to 500 acres of forests, helping identify and combat illegal deforestation.
- $250 provides cutting-edge lab equipment for the Wildlife Conservation Lab at Los Amigos, to advance science and field research on the ground.
- $100 guarantees the protection of about 50 acres at our Los Amigos Conservation Hub and protected area in the Peruvian Amazon for one year.
- $50 sponsors a local student in the Amazon to take part in an environmental education program to teach and inspire them to protect their forest homes.
- $25 plants about 20 trees to restore damaged habitats in the Amazon.
How to donate: On the CCC portal via Benevity, Inc., you can search for our organization by name “Amazon Conservation Association” or our EIN “52-2211305”. You can choose to donate via a payroll deduction, credit card, or PayPal. All donations made via the CCC between November 1-December 15, 2023 should be matched automatically by the World Bank Group.
Interested in learning more about Amazon Conservation? We are registered to attend speaking events for World Bank Group staff, so your team can send us a request to have a representative share more in-depth information about our innovative work on the ground that employs science, technology, and climate-smart solutions to protect wild places and empower people to keep the Amazon thriving.
If you have any questions about our work or how you can support Amazon Conservation’s conservation efforts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.